Do you want to join a team of excitable, professional and passionate individuals who have a love of events, weddings and parties?! Then look no further – Big Chief are currently recruiting for an Events Assistant to join their team of wedding-crazed Memory Makers…
Job Title: Memory Maker – Events Assistant
Location: Big Chief Tipis Ltd, Bolton, Lancashire
Working Hours: Full time, permanent, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm, plus occasional evenings and weekends
Working with: Managing Director, Big Chief Team
Salary: £15,000 – £17,000 per annum (based on experience)
Big Chief Tipis Ltd is a young, diverse and passionate company based in Bolton, Lancashire, that hires giant event tipis for weddings, festivals, private parties and corporate events across the North West and beyond. Since launching in September 2014, we have had an incredible 20 months of business and are now looking to grow our team of “Little Chiefs” in our events department.
Big Chief Tipis’ aim is to be the most admired company wherever we operate with a brand that is instantly recognised and people to know that Big Chief Tipis are the best in the business at turning dreams into memories and the role of Memory Maker is integral to that.
Big Chief Tipis exceed customer’s expectations in quality, delivery, cost and customer service through continuous improvement and a passion for perfection. We want our customers, suppliers and other tipi hire businesses to think of us as the ‘Big Chief of the outdoor events industry’. Your role is to provide our customers with the best experience from start to finish with a personable & professional customer service. We love to know everything about our client’s big event so you must be approachable and great at customer relations!
You will be encouraged to use your initiative to continually strive to improve what we do and how we do it so you must be able to think on your feet, outside of the box and upside down!
We believe that every member of the Big Chief team has two jobs: 1) “Do what’s on your job description” and 2) “Then go above and beyond that piece of paper”.
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are now taking applications for an Events Assistant to work with the events team to plan and implement the most memorable, 5* events for our customers. The role is both varied and exciting and not one day is the same as the next. See here what our Little Chief Sarah has to say about working for us!
More than any other quality you MUST be organised to work for Big Chief Tipis and if you’re not, you won’t survive! It is a very fast paced company and you will be juggling a lot of responsibilities at the same time, so being organised is of paramount importance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO WHEN YOU’RE HERE:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing for and coordinating events – liaising with clients to ensure that their experience with Big Chief Tipis is smooth, organised and enjoyable.
- Handling all inbound email, telephone and face-to-face enquiries – having accurate and detailed answers on availability and suitability with a personable and helpful customer service.
- Maximise sale opportunities for all events – up-selling accessories, chasing provisional bookings to increase conversion rates.
- Managing booked customers – Adding all customer and event details to our CRM and Accounts systems.
- Booking third party suppliers – putting forward to the client suitable recommendations for their event and then booking the facilities with the third party companies including tables, chairs, dancefloors, stages, toilets, generators and heaters. Creating purchase orders for these supplier orders and linking them to the customer’s account.
- To organise and host bi-annual Big Chief Tipis Open Weekends and other brand showcases that the company may be involved with e.g. National Wedding Show, North West Wedding Fair and so on.
- To manage the daily administration associated with the job role – to include the event diary management, payment processing, coordination of event information from the client to the fitting team and to provide effective administrative support from the start to the finish of an event.
- Managing site visits – ensuring all booked clients are in the site visit log where necessary, to then give the relevant information to the team members doing the visits, then update the client’s booking once the visit has been completed.
- Put together floorplans for all bookings – Listening to the customer’s wants and needs and the layout of the site.
- Completing client checklists – ensuring all information has been gathered for the event. .
- Completing sales reports – submitting them to the Managing Director for feedback.
- To produce job sheets for all events, in time for weekly meetings (during the busy period) with the fitting team. To update event sheets with any changes which may occur and to update all relevant managers.
- To attend and host weekly operations meetings – relaying all necessary information to the fitting team.
- Relationship management with customers and the Big Chief Tribe of suppliers – you will be encouraged to build lasting relationships with all that we do business with. As a small but loyal team, it is important to communicate internally effectively, value all others, build trust and work as a team with integrity at all times with your work colleagues.
- To produce the clients with appropriate paperwork – including contracts, invoices and payment processing.
- To provide the Managing Director with creative input for ideas of upcoming Big Chief Tipis events.
- To propose new ideas and ways to interact with Big Chief Tipis customers.
- Feed information into the Marketing Assistant for her to use in social media posts for the brand including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
WHO WOULD BE OUR PERFECT MATCH:
- Lots of enthusiasm and passion for perfection
- Excellent communicator
- Works well as part of a team but is happy to work alone on projects also
- Great customer service skills, good listener and fantastic negotiator
- Computer literate and proficient with the use of Word, Excel, Outlook
- Available to work weekends and evenings on occasion
- Ability to stay calm and think on their feet
- No experience of tipis or events required, however great customer service experience is necessary
Additional requirements: Full, clean driving licence and own transport
To apply please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I want to be a Memory Maker!“
Closing date for entries will be Friday 29th July so get your skates on!
Good luck…. x BCT x
We are also looking for a New Business Coordinator too, so if you feel like you have what it takes then get in touch!